The Child Advocacy Center has diverse, flexible, and meaningful opportunities for those interested in volunteering their time and unique talents toward meeting the needs of children traumatized by abuse.
The Child Advocacy Center hosts multiple interns each semester. Positions that are open to having an intern include:
- Victim Advocacy / Case Management
- Forensic Interviewing and MDT Coordination
- Marketing & Public Relations / Special Events & Sponsorship
- Graduate-level Clinical Therapy
Click here to view all internship job descriptions.
If you are interested in interning with us, please submit a resume and cover letter via email at [email protected] by the following dates:
- Fall – July 31st
- Spring – November 30th
- Summer – April 15th
Internships are offered as available. Qualifications and requirements vary by department. If you have any questions, please contact the Volunteer Coordinator at 352-376-9161.
The Child Advocacy Center has diverse, flexible, and meaningful opportunities for those interested in volunteering their time and talents toward meeting the needs of children traumatized by abuse. All Child-Life Volunteers receive comprehensive training.
All Child-Life Volunteers at the Center are screened by the Florida Department of Law Enforcement through background checks and fingerprint verification. Once approved, these volunteers are given a variety of responsibilities to ensure to day-to-day operations of the Center are performed smoothly. Skills and interests of volunteers will be considered for all assignments.
This list may be updated as necessary and is not all inclusive.
*Must be at least 18 years old
*Must be able to commit to volunteering 2 hours continuously each week for an entire semester
- Play Patrol: Play is a big part of what we do and volunteers are needed to hang out and play with children as they wait for therapy or appointments.
- Processing Donations: The Center receives many donations including clothes, toys, and various items that families may need. Volunteers assist in sorting and organizing these donations.
- Assisting Staff: Assist office staff with their duties including, but not limited to, making phone calls, sending faxes, making copies, restocking brochures, putting together information folders, etc.
*All volunteer positions are currently filled for the spring semester. All new volunteer applications will be placed on a waitlist and will be processed according to our need for volunteers.
Click here to apply to become a Child-Life Volunteer
Special Events Volunteer
- Want a volunteer opportunity that involves less commitment? We are also seeking volunteers who are interested in simply signing up to help out at one or multiple of the events we are involved with every year (like Gainesville Gone New Orleans, the .4k Slacker Run and local community events).
Once you have used the links provided above to apply to become a Child-Life or Special Events Volunteer, you will receive more information via email upon submission. For more information, e-mail [email protected] or call the Volunteer Coordinator at (352) 376-9161.
We are always in need of individually wrapped snacks, juice boxes, small bottled-water, school supplies, and Play-doh. If you’re interested in hosting a donation drive at your work, school, or church please email us at [email protected] or call (352) 376-9161 for more information.
The Child Advocacy Center benefits from several events throughout the year including our signature fundraising event Gainesville Gone New Orleans. You and/or your organization can support these endeavors by purchasing tickets, becoming a sponsor or donating items to the silent auctions. For more information about events, click here or email our development team.