The Child Advocacy Center has diverse, flexible, and meaningful opportunities for those interested in volunteering their time and talents toward meeting the needs of children traumatized by abuse. All Child-Life Volunteers receive comprehensive training.
All Child-Life Volunteers at the Center are screened by the Florida Department of Law Enforcement through background checks and fingerprint verification. Once approved, these volunteers are given a variety of responsibilities to ensure to day-to-day operations of the Center are performed smoothly. Skills and interests of volunteers will be considered for all assignments.
This list may be updated as necessary and is not all inclusive.
- Play Patrol: Play is a big part of what we do and volunteers are needed to hang out and play with children as they wait for therapy or appointments. Qualified applicants must be at least 18 years old and able to commit to volunteering for 2-4 hours continuously each week.
- Assisting Staff: Assist office staff with their duties including, but not limited to, making phone calls, sending faxes, making copies, restocking brochures, putting together information folders, etc.
- Data Entry: Includes, but not limited to, updating mailing lists, media lists, donor lists, etc.
- Please click here to apply online to become a Child-Life Volunteer.
Special Events Volunteer
- Want a volunteer opportunity that involves less commitment? We are also seeking volunteers who are interested in simply signing up to help out at one or multiple of the events we are involved with every year (like Gainesville Gone Memphis, the .4k Slacker Run and local community events).
- Please click here to apply online to become a Special Events Volunteer.
Once you have used the links provided above to apply to become a Child-Life or Special Events Volunteer, you will receive more information via email upon submission. For more information, e-mail [email protected] or call the Volunteer Coordinator at (352) 376-9161.