The Child Advocacy Center, Inc. is funded in part by the City of Gainesville Community Development Block Grant Program and the County Commission’s Community Agency Partnership Program. This project was supported by VOCA-2016-Child Advocacy Center, Inc.-00473 awarded by the Office for Victims of Crime, Office of Justice Programs. Sponsored by the Child Advocacy Center, Inc. and the State of Florida. We also received funding and/or support from the Office of the Attorney General, Partnership for Strong Families, Circuit 8 State Attorney’s Office, individual donors, foundations and corporate sponsors. The Child Advocacy Center, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Sometimes life can be overwhelming fortunately, there are resources available to help make it easier. Supporting families is how we can help kids reach their full potential and build a better future for everyone. If you are feeling in over your head please get help. Call someone or reach out to one of the providers listed below. We are all stronger, together.
- National Children’s Advocacy Center: Advocates for CAC’s and abused children and provides resources for parents and professionals.
- National Children’s Alliance: Advocates for abused children.
- Polaris Project: Provides education, training, and advocacy on human trafficking.
- National Human Trafficking Hotline: Report human trafficking and get help.
- National Crisis Text Line: Text HOME to 741741 from anywhere in the US, anytime, about any type of crisis and get help from a trained crisis counselor.
- Florida Network of Children’s Advocacy Centers: Educates and supports statewide Child Advocacy Centers.
- Florida Abuse Hotline: Report child abuse online.
- Department of Children & Families: Provides services and supports for Florida families.
- ACCESS Florida: Apply for Medicaid, Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF), or Supplemental Nutritional Assistance Program (SNAP).
- Alachua County Crisis Center: Provides 24/7 crisis and suicide prevention counseling.
- Alachua County Children’s Services Advisory Board B: Develops initiatives to support families and children (prenatal to five years of age).
- Peaceful Paths: Domestic violence network with shelters serving Alachua, Bradford, and Union counties.
- Alachua County Victim Services & Rape Crisis Center: Provides services to survivors of interpersonal violence, sexual violence, and personal injury crimes
- Alachua County Coalition Against Human Trafficking: Advocates for the needs of human trafficking victims.
- Bikers Against Child Abuse: Support child victims of abuse through mentorship.
- Bread of the Mighty Food Bank: Provides nutrition assistance to local agencies and their clients.
- All Bottoms Covered Diaper Bank: Provides diapers to new mothers.
- SWAG: Provides support to families and the community to help raise happy, healthy kids.
- PACE: Provides girls and young women an opportunity for a better future through education, counseling, training, and advocacy.